Thursday, December 1, 2011

Happy Turkey Day!!

Well the Holiday Season is here and I couldn't be more happy about it! We kicked it off with a fun and relaxing (and long!) weekend last week and it was so nice. We both needed the break (especially Bryan!) and we enjoyed getting to spend some time together. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures on Thanksgiving (fail) but we had such a nice day. Bryan got to play and watch football and eat lots of food, and I got to bake and cook and spend time with lots of family. So we were both pretty happy. I am so ashamed of myself for not taking any pictures of my desserts, this is not like me. But I promise you that I made sugar cookies and an apple pie!! 

On Friday we decided to avoid the shoppers. Instead we headed up to the U for their football game. Here are some pics that I snapped with my phone before the game started: 




Please note that we look happy in these pictures. This was not the case by the end of the game though, haha. They lost (horribly) to our dismay and it ended up being FREEZING! by the end of the game I was so frozen that I could barely walk to our car :( But we still managed to have fun and I'm glad that we got to go to one game this year. Hopefully next year we can go to more because, lets be honest, I love wearing red! haha. 


On Saturday we took to decking the halls! One of my favorite parts of the Holidays!! We put up Christmas lights for the first time this year and I'm so excited about that. I think Bryan did such a good job with them, and I'm glad that he survived!! As you can see here, safety was not his main priority!


 After taking care of the outside, we put on "Home Alone" and worked on the inside. Here's a pic of our tree. Unfortunately we went the pre-lit route and it didn't last us two years. wah wah. But I was over it. I wasn't going to let it stop me from putting our tree up. Hopefully before Christmas I'll have time to get a new strand of lights and fix the problem, but I'm not making any promises, haha.


And Don't worry family, here is proof that I'm keeping the Wofford tradition alive:


I promise that it's in the back of the tree :) (disregard if you aren't a Wofford) 

And here are a few other pics of some of our decorations. A nativity set my brother sent me from Mexico: 


My Nutcracker that I begged my mom for in elementary school (I really don't remember why, but I'm glad I have him now!)


And some other Christmas Cheer:



I have a few Christmas decoration projects that are in the works, hopefully they make it up before Christmas!! 

And last but not least, we did do one bit of shopping last weekend. On Saturday we hit up Old Navy for some Christmas PJ Pants. Here we are in our Christmas best. Gotta love holiday PJs. 


And that's that. It was a fun weekend and a great kick start to the Holidays. Now if we can only get through these next few busy weeks, we'll be in Kansas celebrating with the other side of the family. We can't wait!! 

No comments: