Well once again I did my famous disappearing act, but you didn't really miss out on much. Our winter consisted of me working a lot and Bryan schooling a lot. So not a whole lot of fun happened that was worth blogging about. But perhaps now that the summer is here it will yield some exciting blog posts, we shall see.
Anyway, about a month ago Bryan and I took a little weekend trip together to celebrate our 1 year anniversary. I still can't believe how quickly time has gone, it still feels like yesterday that we were engaged and anticipating married life. Now we're old pros I guess (well not quite). So to commemorate our milestone we took a short vaca to Vegas! We had a lot of fun and it was a much needed vacation for both of us.


On our drive to Vegas we saw signs for something called "Cove Fort" and we decided to stop by and check it out because we were in no hurry. I guess it's a church historical site - President Hinckly's grandfather built this fort as a stagecoach stop - and so we had a missionary couple give us a tour. This picture is hilarious because the sister asked if we wanted a picture in front of the fort, but she didn't even tell us when she was taking it, so it turned out pretty funny. So that was an entertaining little stop.

Here's Bryan on our first day in Vegas. We stayed in the Luxor hotel. It was cool and egyptian-y. Plus the elevators moved sideways and that was exciting. After checking into and checking out our hotel, we went and saw "Chris Angel - Mind Freak". It was entertaining. Bryan spent the whole show trying to figure out how he did all his "Illusions"(in the words of Gob Bluth) and so he walked out kind of frustrated. He's not the biggest fan of magicians because they really pull one over on him. haha, but I thought it was fun. Then we took to the streets for our first stroll down the strip.


Here we are waiting for the Bellagio fountains to go off. They were probably one of the highlights of our trip, a lot of fun to watch.


The next day we decided to get out and see as much of Vegas as we could. It was a good thing that we had our walking shoes on, we had no idea how much walking we would be doing! But I guess it's good that we got our exorcise in too :)


The Lions in the lobby at MGM Grand. Very cool.

We stopped in at the Coke store and sampled 16 different coke products from around the world. Some countries drink some nasty stuff! haha.

In the wildlife habitat at the Flamingo. I was really hoping to see Donny Osmond here but we didn't have any luck. oh well, we did get to see a bunch of Vegas weddings happening in these gardens though! Kind of entertaining.
For our second night in Vegas we went to see the Beatles Cirque Du Soleil show. It was so good! We both loved it so much, and it was definitely worth the trip down. If you are a beatles fan then you must see this show!
We left the next afternoon after another stroll up and down the strip. There's so much to do and see there, I'm sure we didn't even get to see 1/3 of what they have, but we had a lot of fun. And we were so exhausted after three days of non stop walking that we were glad to be heading home. It's still so crazy to think that we've been married for over a year now. We have been so blessed in our first year of marriage and we are still happily living in bliss. We made it through our first year of marriage and they say that's the hardest, so I guess we can make it through anything now!
1 comment:
Wow, I can't believe it's been a year. Here Stephen and I are planning our 2nd year anniversery. Congrats on the 1 year anniversery. Miss your blogs.
Post a Comment