Sunday, June 26, 2011

It's This American Life, I'm Ira Glass...

Way back in December, Bryan's wife got him the best Christmas present ever: Tickets to see Ira Glass at Kingsbury Hall in Salt Lake...

...and 6 months later we finally got to enjoy his present! Last night we had the pleasure of being entertained by Mr. Ira Glass himself. For those of you who don't know who Ira is, he's the creator and host of the NPR radio show "This American Life" http://www.thisamericanlife.org/ check it out, you won't be sorry.

We started our night out with some ice cream for dinner at Leatherby's. I know what you're thinking, "what would her mother think?!" well don't worry, my mother taught me this little tradition years ago :).

After our tasty treat we headed up to the U. We took the opportunity to stroll around Bryan's soon to be campus. It really is such a pretty campus!

Then we made our way over to Kingsbury hall. This is the best picture I could get of it, we were pretty far away but still had a perfect view.

Here we are waiting for the show to start. We really had no idea what to expect. We definitely didn't expect to be the YOUNGEST people there, but we felt like we were. I guess were just old boring talk radio fans! The show was so good, he basically talked about making "This American Life" and told lots of stories and talked about storytelling. Then he did a question and answer part at the end. All in all we had a very fun time and it was exciting to see the famous radio voice in person!


In other news, we have been taking full advantage of the Utah carnival season. A few weeks ago we headed down to Pleasant Grove to enjoy us some Strawberry Days!

We shopped around, did some people watching, and ate yummy carnival food. Bryan had his first funnel cake ever! I had no idea that he'd never had this delicacy. I think it's safe to say that he loved it.

We also got to enjoy the Taylorsville Dayzz parade. Starring RACHEL HASLAM! I snapped a few photos of this tiny dancer.

She's somewhere in there, I promise.

So basically that's our life lately; Carnivals and NPR. Take it or leave it.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Love it. I'm jealous I need to do more cool stuff like you guys :)