Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Let Freedom Ring!

Well my favorite holiday came last week and Bryan and I headed out to Kansas to celebrate, South Sycamore Style. We had such a fun trip and I really didn't want to come back home to reality. Here are some pictures of our fun filled week back in my hometown:

Bryan immediately had a new buddy for the week. Seth and Uncle Bryan had fun playing together inside and out.


We both enjoyed holding baby Shelby, she is so tiny and precious and Bryan felt like he was going to break her! haha, he hasn't held a baby in a LONG time.

For the play by play of our neighborhood 4th activities you'll have to check out my sisters blog (link to the right) she was the photographer that day. But here is a picture of our puppy Charlie all dressed up for the 4th of July parade. I can already tell that he loves the holiday as much as I do :).

Here's a picture of Bryan and I before our neighborhood fireworks show. This was Bryan's second 4th with us, and he already loves the traditions as much as I do. It's fun to get to share them with him.

The next day we headed to the Dianna Rose farmstead with the fam. It was fun to see seth running around and playing there, and I got to be on Shelby duty for awhile, which is always fun. Once Seth found a big playground to play on we decided it was time for a cool treat, so we got some ice cream at their new parlor!

I haven't been to the farmstead in years so it was fun to see how much it has changed since I was a kid. There are so many new and fun things to see and do there. Bryan even has is own turkey coop there!

And I couldn't resist snapping a picture of me with the wishing well.

Also while we were in Kansas we had the chance to go see the new Kansas City temple in the works. It is such a beautiful temple and I can't wait to see it all finished. I'm still so excited for them getting a temple, even though I don't live there anymore!


Bryan still hadn't seen the Kansas church history sites so we took the opportunity to show him Independence and Liberty. Here we are at the Independence visitors center. They have this new kid play area that is so cute! Here we are on the covered wagon.

While in Independence we also stopped in at Clinton's soda shop. The site of president Truman's first job. We got some fun old-fashioned sodas.

Then came Bryan's favorite part of the week. For the past few months Bryan's been living in anticipation of his first Major League Baseball game. It was fun to experience this with him. We got there pretty early and Bryan walked around the whole park "taking it all in".

Here's the view from our seats. We could see all the action and there was a surprising amount of it. We lucked out and the Royals actually played a good game!


They won! and I was happy that Bryan's first MLB game was such a success. Go Royals!!

Unfortunately our fun week came to an end. It was sad to say goodbye to my family and hopefully we get to see them all again soon. We really miss them being all the way out here in Utah! But we did get to come home to something exciting. While we were away our strawberries and raspberries had a chance to get big, red, and beautiful. I picked a few for a snack last night and they are so good they taste like candy! needless to say I will be picking the rest today and getting to work on making them into various forms of yummy. It was nice to come home to such a welcome sight.


2 comments:

Sarah said...

yay for 4th of july family fun! We miss you guys and hope to see you soon.

p.s. jealous of those berries right in your back yard!

Stephanie said...

This makes me miss you. so much.

I'm glad your 4th was fun.

I too am jealous of your berries. What's your secret?