Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Birthday Weekend!


 Well this past weekend was a fun one for us because it was Bryan's Birthday!! He is an old man of 24 now! We had a fun weekend of celebrating. Bryan's actual birthday was on a thursday, which is one of his busiest school days, so there wasn't a whole lot we could do on his actual birthday. But we did get to do the usual celebrating. Starting off with opening presents!!


For some reason I couldn't get a good picture of Bryan with his gifts. Lame.


He got some fun stuff for the grill. This was our first summer with a grill and we had lots of fun with it. So I got him some fun accessories so next year we can have even more fun! A rotisserie attachment and a pizza stone!



For those of you who don't know, bryan is taking after his father and becoming a garden lover. He saw and loved this kids toy so I just had to get it for him. A portable greenhouse that grows venus fly traps. He was probably most excited for this gift. And you can see him here with another present, a new Royals hat. Gotta support the KC teams!


Then we ate dinner. And obviously Bryan got to eat on the "You are special" plate! Bryan got to choose his birthday menu and this is what we had: spinach and artichoke dip, BBQ portabello quesadillas and oreo balls for dessert. Bryan's not a cake lover but I didn't complain because I love any excuse to make these!


We ate dinner and talked to lots of family. We also watched the first NFL game of the season.


and Bryan played with his toys a bit before we had dessert. Here he is with a sweet poster that came with his greenhouse!


And then came the best part of birthdays: Dessert! Here he is with his oreo ball "cake"


The day after Bryan's birthday, his parents were nice enough to take us to see "Joseph and the Technicolor dream coat" at the Hale center theater. This isn't our real joseph but since I didn't snap any pictures of the actual performance, here is one from the internet so you can imagine what we saw: 


The performance was great and it made for a fun evening. GO GO JOE!


We spent our saturday at the State fair with Bryan's family! It was so much fun. we did this last year for my birthday and had a blast so we had to make an appearance this year. Here we are waiting for the rodeo to start.


we ate some overpriced fair food and watched the rodeo ON A SATURDAY NIGHT! (they kept shouting that at us, I guess they were worried the overwhelming fun of the rodeo would make us forget what day of the week it was, haha). The rodeo was a blast, it's always fun to feel a little bit country for one night.


After the rodeo we went and checked out all that the fair had to offer. Which is mostly a bunch of blue ribbon animals. Here bryan is imitating a chicken:



we also saw an emu and a 116 pound pumpkin! I don't want to be the one to carve that thing!



The bunnies were a big hit with everyone, but I have to say that my favorite part were the baby pigs!! As you can see we got to hold them and they were just so cute! Definitely the highlight of my day!



we finished off the night with some fried oreos. we heard about these from Leslie and Casey so we had to try them. They were actually pretty good, and a little messy...


So there you have it, Bryan's birthday weekend! I'm glad we got to have some fun and do some celebrating in Bryan's name. Happy Birthday Bryan!!

1 comment:

Leslie Ann said...

Looks like so much fun! Miss you guys! Wish I could have gone to the rodeo with y'all! And I suspect that holding a baby pig would have been the highlight of my evening as well! Also glad to hear you tried the deep fried oreos. They are 100% delicious. :]