Monday, June 15, 2009

Spring has Sprung...a month ago

             Hello Friends. My bad for being the worst blogger in the world. I honestly thought that my life would clear up once spring came along but apparently the joke was on me because my life just got crazier! But I'm loving everything that I'm doing right now so despite being busy, I am very very happy. Well let me give you a quick rundown on my life:

            I am taking one class this spring semester, "History of Cinema part 1". I have really enjoyed the class, there's only 11 of us so its pretty hilarious at times, but it has also been a pain. They should have just named the class "Don't even think about having a life while you take this because every spare second will be spent doing homework", but for some reason they went for the generic approach. My final is on Thursday so after that I will finally be a free woman! We watched a lot of super good movies in the class and I would love to inform you about how amazing they were, but i'm pretty sure no one cares about the silent period like I do so i'll spare you. I will say that I'm obsessed with a trilogy that we watched. They are three French films titled "Marius", "Fanny", and "Cesar". They were made in the 30s (so they have sound) and they are so beautiful. If you can get your hands on them I highly recommend them

               Moving on. A major plus in my life right now is the fact that my resume is currently growing in size. I work as an editor at BYU Broadcasting and I'm currently an assistant editor on a show for PBS. I am also making spots and whatnot for KBYU and BYUTV. I'm learning new programs and (hopefully) i'm gaining a talent for editing. I love my job so much, it is such a joy in my life right now. I feel so blessed to have it. I'm also an editor on a student documentary right now called "Love Marriage". Its about an Indian couple who took 20 years to get married because they wanted a love marriage instead of an arranged marriage. Its truly an inspiring story and i'm so happy to be working on it. 

              Surprisingly among my busy schedule I do manage to find some time for fun. A few weeks ago I took seth to the duck pond on a sunday afternoon and we had so much fun! Unfortunately the ducks weren't biting but Seth didn't seem to mind a bit, he wanted all the bread for himself! haha. such a cutie. I'm so glad to have him as a friend. For your enjoyment, here are some pictures of Seth at the duck pond: 

(trying to talk on my phone)

(hoarding the bread for himself)


(eventually he caught on that the bread was for the ducks and he started throwing it at them, so cute!)


         A high point of my past spring semester was my surprise visit home for mothers day. I decided that i really wanted to hang out with my Mom because we are like best friends, so for mothers day i flew home and surprised her for her present! It was so much fun, we had such a fun weekend together. We went to movies and got our nails done, and we even spent some time at the liquor store! haha. We decided to make Banana's Foster for mothers day dessert so we ventured over to the local liquor store. It was so funny, we tried to act natural, like we knew what we were talking about, but i'm pretty sure that we stuck out like a soar thumb (whatever that phrase is supposed to mean). Like for example, when we took this picture in the isle with our booze, pretty sure people thought we were crazy. 
            It was super fun and I was sad to come back to my crazy life in Utah, but we gotta do what we gotta do. 
           So there you have it, Sorry this post was so long but its been awhile, i need to keep my small amount of followers informed. haha. If you got through all of this then props to you, go buy yourself some ice cream. Hopefully you'll here from me again soon! 

P.S. I have recently been introduced to and have become obsessed with Arrested Development. Funniest show ever. Seriously. Watch it. You wont be sorry. 

The End

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

dude you are a CRAZY woman! ;)
i'm so happy that you get to have so many great experiences with your job.

Ali said...

My first semester of college I took 'Film Appreciation' and the textbook was called 'How to Watch Movies' and had a picture of The Lion King on the cover. That was sooooo misleading as to what the class was actually about!

Sarah said...

haha ... nice post (i thought you're blog had died) glad it's been resurrected! Seth would love to go back to the duck pond with you anytime ...

Aubrey said...

1. I am so glad you are loving your program at school! Perhaps you should get a job with the National Geographic Channel when you graduate, and then you can come live by me :)
2. I wish I could have seen you and your mom in the liquor store. hahahah!
3. Arrested Development is my anti-drug. Actually, all I did last fall when I didn't know anyone in DC, was watch Arrested Development and laugh my biscuits off!